New Yorkers with government-issued IDs off their states
If you reside in brand new York State plus don’t have a fresh York State ID, it is important to bring your legitimate out-of-state ID and proof ny state target that is released within the last few 90 days (paystub, postmarked mail, domestic bill).
In the event that you operate in ny or very own property in nyc plus don’t have a unique York State ID, you will have to bring your valid out-of-state ID and proof work in nyc, or evidence of home ownership in nyc.
Ny state residents that do not have a Brooklyn Public Library card and wants usage of just the e-book collection might make an application for an eCard. Year this card will give you access to the Library’s Overdrive, 3M, and Flipster collections for 1.
Sign up for an eCard and immediately get a collection barcode and PIN to begin with accessing the e-book collection.
Please be aware that to allow the job to proceed through effectively, you payday loan online have to enable the kind to trace your present location. When prompted with an email such as “disc.bklynlibrary.org would like to monitor your physical location", you have to click on “allow when".
In the event that you had an eCard before and wish to have your holds, wishlists, checkouts, etc. used in the new account, please finish the Report an alternative Card form to begin with. After publishing the shape, it may need business that is approximately 1-3 for the task to transfer over.
To learn more concerning the eCard, see our eCard FAQs.
Out-of-State Residents (non-NYS residents)
Non-NYS residents may make an application for a Brooklyn Public Library account and revel in use of our considerable choice of Articles & Databases and eBooks. There is certainly an annual, non-refundable $50 cost for out-of-state cardholders.
Once your application is submitted, a agent will contact you within five (5) company times using the steps that are next.
If you decide to select your library card up, you could do this by going to any certainly one of our 59 locations and consult with a staff user. The $50.00 annual, non-refundable charge could be compensated at enough time of pick-up.
We presently try not to accept applications from worldwide residents at the moment.
Renewing Your Library Card
Nyc State Residents: Library cards expire every three years. Please bring ID that is acceptable any library branch to restore your card.
Away from State Residents: Library cards expire each year. To restore your out-of-state account, please deliver an email to [email protected] with your collection card barcode and copy of appropriate ID. A $50.00 non-refundable yearly charge will be used for your requirements.
eCard holders: eCards are non-renewable and certainly will expire one after registration year.
Educator cardholders: For here is how to renew your Educator account, please check out our Educator Card web page.
Reporting Your Card Missing
Any items which had been borrowed and/or fees accrued ahead of reporting your card lost or stolen will be your duty. In the event your card is stolen or lost, please report it to an employee member at certainly one of our branches instantly.
You may even utilize the “Report a Card Lost" function on your own My Account web page that will temporarily disable your account from usage by unauthorized users. Please be aware that when this particular feature can be used, you simply will not have the ability to restore or library that is borrowing (including eMaterial) until your account is rectified. Please go to your library that is local and with an employee user to unblock your account.
To change your card, you have to spend an upgraded show and fee acceptable ID.
You may possibly borrow as much as 50 products at a right time in your collection card.
- Books – 3 weeks
- Audiobooks – 3 weeks by having a limitation of 10 things on a single account
- im Printed Music (Scores) – 3 months
- Videos, DVDs, CDs and magazines – 1 week by having a limitation of 10 CDs and a combined total of 10 videos and DVDs.
You may restore materials provided that there are not any holds regarding the item as well as your account is with in good standing.
There clearly was at the most 15 renewals for every product ( this doesn’t consist of eBooks)
You can find three straight ways to restore:
- In person at any Brooklyn Public Library location
- On line by logging into your My BPL account
- On the phone by calling 718.230.6700
Spot a product on hold for an instant and convenient option to receive materials that aren’t now available at try your local library.
- Spot a hold demand through our catalog or perhaps in individual at check your local library
- You are able to put as much as 10 holds on your own collection account on any circulating within the collection that is library the next exceptions: guide, unique collections, and mags and journals.
- The collection will be sending a notice via e-mail, text or phone whenever your hold is truly to pickup. Please be certain we now have your proper contact information. You shall have seven days to pickup your hold.
Coming Back Materials
- Return material to virtually any Brooklyn Public Library location or guide fall.
- All product arrives straight right right back by the date suggested at time of renewal or checkout. Fines will quickly accrue if things aren’t came back by the date that is due.
- Numerous component materials should be came back complete at period of go back to avo > Courtesy reminders of upcoming payment dates are delivered by e-mail or text. Overdue notices are delivered by phone or email. Failure to get notices doesn’t excuse overdue fines.
Interlibrary Loan is something which allows Brooklyn that is valid Public cardholders to request to borrow publications maybe perhaps not owned by BPL off their libraries in the usa. It is possible to submit Interlibrary Loan requests in person at any Brooklyn Public Library branch. This solution is absolve to Brooklyn Public Library clients; nevertheless, fines and costs evaluated because of the financing collection do apply. Discover more.
Fines and costs
Fines and Fees Schedule
Fines accrue per item, per calendar time, even in the event Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) is closed. It’s your duty to help keep monitoring of your repayment dates. Failure to get courtesy collection notices will not excuse fines.
- Books/Magazines: $0.15/day
- Audiobooks, CDs and CD-ROM computer software: $0.15/day
- DVDs & V > Interlibrary Loan: $1/day
- Substitution Card Fee (Adult/Young Adult): $2
- Substitution Card Fee (Senior/Juvenile): $1
- Out-of-State Card Fee: $50
- Substitution Card Fee (Out-of-State): $5
- Bounced Check Fee: ten dollars
- Collection Agency Fee: ten dollars
Borrowing privileges are suspended when fines or costs reach a $15 threshold. You can not spot holds, restore, or have a look at product until your bank account falls underneath the limit.
Unreturned, lost, or damaged material and materials with numerous parts which are came back incomplete will soon be billed for your requirements. You cannot spot holds, renew, or take a look at product until it’s remedied.
You are able to get back or buy the billed product. If billed material is came back, you are examined fines that are overdue.
You will be charged the full replacement cost of each item if you lose or damage any of the items checked out to your account. No replacement products will undoubtedly be accepted as opposed to any outstanding things.
Borrowers with unpaid balances of $25 or higher may be contacted by an assortment agency. A $10.00 collection charge is positioned on accounts that reach this threshold. You must pay your balance in full before your borrowing privileges are restored if you are referred to the collection agency.
Please read our Fines and Fees Policy to find out more.
Spending Your Fines and Costs
You’ll want your collection card to cover your fines. You are able to spend with the following practices:
- Money re payments are accepted at kiosks bought at every BPL location. Staff doesn’t gather money from customers.
- Checks made payable to BPL may be provided to the employees at any location. Are the library account number of this account being pa > charge cards (Visa, Mastercard, and find out) are accepted after all BPL kiosks. You’ll be able to spend from your home by signing into My BPL.
Our Borrowing Policy has changed!
Effective 1, 2019, the library implemented changes to its borrowing/renewal/fines policy july. Find Out More